Willie Nelson offers tribute to Glen Campbell

Glen Campbell
Photo by Lisa Poole
Willie Nelson and Glen Campbell perform on stage at the 20th Autry National Center gala at the Gene Autry Western Heritage museum in Los Angeles September 29, 2007. The gala celebrated the 100th birthday of late actor Gene Autry.

Willie Nelson pays tribute to friend Glen Campbell, according to Rolling Stone. Willie is interviewed as saying that Campbell helped him when he was starting out in the music business. Rolling Stone features Glen Campbell in it’s latest issue. Reporter Patrick Doyle talks with different artists about Glen Campbell, and Willie Nelson spoke of Campbell’s generosity.

Nelson said, “He’s always been a big help to me. During one of my down years, he signed me to his publishing company and paid me a lot of money. “I only wrote one song, and it was Bloody Mary Morning. I hope he got his money back.”

source: http://stillisstillmoving.com/willienelson/willie-nelson-offers-tribute-to-glen-campbell/

Comments :

0 comments to “Willie Nelson offers tribute to Glen Campbell”

Post a Comment